Do you enjoy meeting people? Would you like a rewarding and varied voluntary role helping people in our local community? Would you like the challenge of assisting others in building confidence and fulfilling their dreams? If so North Kent Mind need you. There is a wide variety of opportunities within the organisation.
We utilise volunteers in the following;
- Weekly Drop-In Sessions where you will socialise and interact with service users and help them to build their confidence and self-esteem.
- Weekly Activity Sessions where you will help individual service users to participate with the activity. You may even want to lead a session if you have a particular interest in the subject.
- Self-management Groups where you will help the facilitator work with service users who are learning to cope with particular mental health difficulties.
- The Agoraphobic Support Service volunteers provide weekly one-to-one contact with a service user. Often you may visit a client in their own home and assist them in finding creative ways to achieve their goals.
- Office Administration volunteers.
- The Counselling Service – trainee volunteer counsellors (at a minimum of year two) or qualified counsellors provide weekly sessions for clients.
- The Board of Trustees is the group which has ultimate responsibility for the organisation. To become a trustee a volunteer must be elected or co-opted.
- Our Training services requires support from volunteers within different capacities.
- Employment Services utilizes volunteers in support sessions and preparing for Work Course
- Our shop Made in Kent is run by volunteers.
What skills or qualities do I need to become a volunteer?
North Kent Mind welcomes volunteers from all walks of life and values the importance of diversity within the organisation. Mind seeks volunteers who will be non judgemental, have empathy and understanding. Training will be provided to develop these key skills.
For further information: Contact us
PDF Leaflet: Leaflet Volunteering 2018
VOL APPLICATION FORM PDF
VOL ADMIN APPLICATION FORM WORD
Equal opportunities monitoring form:
Equal Opps Vol Monitoring Form PDF
Equal Opps Vol Monitoring Form Word
You will be unable to fill in these documents online, so please print and fill in both the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form by hand.