We appreciate greatly the extra value that students on placement can bring to the work we undertake with service users, and also consider that, by taking on students we are fulfilling our role to raise mental health awareness.
Social Work Students
We regularly take Social Work Students, either BA or MA, on 70 day placements.
Placements within North Kent Mind offer the following
- In-house supervision and practice learning facilitation by qualified personnel
- Participation on the North Kent Mind 3 day training course
- A variety of work with groups and individuals, service users and carers
- Access to the North Kent Mind specialist mental health library
- Opportunities to share with and learn from other students on placement
- By arrangement, a short “mini placement” within statutory mental health services
Feedback from past and current students indicates that a North Kent Mind placement can be a very rewarding learning experience.
Mental Health Nurse Placements
We are also happy to arrange placements for mental health nurses, especially where this is an active placement over an extended period.
For further information, please contact NORTH KENT MIND – 01322 291380 or select the enquiries form.
For trainee counselling placements contact HannahMaskell@northkentmind.co.uk
Please note: These are longer term placements, and form the basis of our low-cost counselling service. Trainees commit to providing at least 3 counselling sessions per week, and to participate in assessments, organisational meetings and the 3 day training course.