The dates/venue of the next course are: Online Workshop – September 2021
North Kent Mind is offering a new Virtual Online Workshop for our Preparing for Work course. Adapted from our face to face courses, including the most beneficial sessions. Our new virtual online workshop will improve you skills, knowledge and employability!
Preparing for Work (P4Work)
Our new virtual online workshop will improve you skills, knowledge and employability (* this course is run on a regular basis).
P4Work Group Overview
- Week 1 – Communication
- Week 2 – Team Working
- Week 3 – Preparing for Interview
- Week 4 – Managing work related anxiety
- Week 5 – Conflict in the workplace
- Week 6 – Planning Ahead – Enabling a Work Routine and Goal Setting
September/October 2021 – Preparing For Work Group (via Zoom)
- Friday Sepetember 3rd Session 1 – 10AM – 11:30AM
- Friday Sepetember 10th Session 2 – 10AM – 11:30AM
- Friday Sepetember 17th Session 3 – 10AM – 11:30AM
- Friday Sepetember 24th Session 4 – 10AM – 11:30AM
- Friday October 1st Session 5 – 10AM – 11:30AM
- Friday October 8th Session 6 – 10AM – 11:30AM
* Please note IT support is available if needed
Centre Based Workshops
This is a Centre based course which meets within Dartford Jobcentre and Gravesend ASDA, and supports people in overcoming barriers to work. It is modular in content over 10 weeks, and covers soft skills such as Communication, Teamwork, Interviewing Techniques, Problem Solving and Goal Setting. A certificate is awarded for every successfully completed module.
10 Wk Preparing For Work Course (Dartford)
Venue:- Orchard House – 31 Orchard Street, Dartford, DA1 2DH and various locations in Gravesend and Dartford.
- Barriers to Work
- Goal Setting
- Introduction to Soft Skills
- Importance of Communication to Employers
- Different Types of Communication
- Responding Assertively to criticism
- Importance of Teamwork in the Workplace
- Dealing with Conflict in a Team
- Body Language
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Organisational Skills
- Time Management
- Interview Techniques
- Job search skills/Universal Job match Tutorial
Referrals to the service can be made by you, or by a professional on your behalf. For further information, please contact NORTH KENT MIND – 01322 291380, select the registration link above or email – EmmaJarnell@northkentmind.co.uk.