North Kent Mind offers digital support/courses via webinars, Zoom video communications and online portals.
Useful support guides:
- Zoom basic setup
- Zoom setup via mobile (Android version)
- Zoom setup via mobile (iOS version)
- How to join a Zoom meeting from your laptop or PC
- Setting up WhatsApp
- Setting up Email account
- Setting up Skype
Coping With Life (CWL)
Sessions on Anxiety/Stress/Depression to guide and support people through various coping strategies (* this course is run on a regular basis).
- CWL Anxiety and Stress
- Week 1: An introduction to Anxiety
- Week 2: Distorted Thinking Habits + Zoom discussion
- Week 3: Understanding Stress & Mindful breathing + Zoom discussion
- Week 4: Reducing stress and Wellness Toolbox + Zoom checkout
- Anxiety and Stress Course Dates:
- Wednesday 3rd February- Session 1 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Wednesday 10th February- Session 2 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Wednesday 17th February- Session 3 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Wednesday 24th February- Session 4 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Self-Esteem Course Dates:
- Monday 15th February- Session 1 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Monday 22nd February- Session 2 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Monday 1st March- Session 3 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Monday 8th March- Session 4 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Monday 15th March- Session 5 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Understanding Depression Course Dates:
- Thursday 11th March (1 session) – 6pm – 7.30pm
Preparing for Work (P4Work)
Our new virtual online workshop will improve you skills, knowledge and employability (* this course is run on a regular basis).
- Week 1: CV’s
- Week 2: Cover Letters
- Week 3: Preparing for interview
- Week 4: How to deal with interview anxiety
- Week 5: Making the most of yourself
- Week 6: Zoom meeting Re-cap session
Four sessions covering an introduction to Mindfulness. Explaining the meaning of Mindfulness and how to practice mindfulness in your daily life. Includes an introduction to Mindfulness meditation:
Our Mindfulness coursess repeat every five weeks (four session and a one week break inbetween).
- Week 1: Introduction and Breathing meditation
- Week 2: Introduction to Informal Mindfulness & Body Scan meditation
- Week 3: Introduction to Formal Mindfulness & Sounds and Thoughts meditation
- Week 4: Continuing practice of Informal/Formal meditation
- Week 5: Listening meditation, continuing mindfulness practice, Evaluation & Signposting
2021 Course Dates: (5 Sessions)
- Tuesday 19th January Session 1 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 26th January Session 2 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 2nd FebruarySession 3 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 9th February Session 4 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 16th February Session 5 – 14:00 -15:30
Young Persons Group (5 Sessions)
- Tuesday 16th February Session 1 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 23rd February Session 2 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 2nd March Session 3 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 9th March Session 4 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 16th March Session 5 – 12:00-13:30
Four sessions covering how to keep safe online and additional training resources available (* this course is run on a regular basis):
- Week 1 – Online Fraud
- Week 2 – Online Shopping
- Week 3 – Online Banking
- Week 4 – Accessing Learn My Way
Support & Peer Support Groups (via ZOOM) – Wellbeing Services
Time for Change (Every Monday)
The group enables people to look at past and present experiences, and how they can learn from these to make changes in their life and way of being. It has been found to be particularly useful to people who have a diagnosis of personality disorder. For further information please visit: https://northkentmind.co.uk/time-for-change-group/
Coffee Mornings (Every Tuesday 10.30 – 11.30am)
A friendly and relaxed space for adults with mental health issues to connect with others. Make yourself a cuppa and join us for informal chats about a range of interesting topics (I.T support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
University Support Group (Every Wednesday 1-2pm)
A friendly online group for young people in 6th form or their 1st year of university. This is a safe space to support each other and prepare for the challenges that come with starting university. Topics may include; challenges with COVID-19, Mindfulness skills for managing stress, creating an effective coursework structure etc. This group is peer led which means we focus on whatever you want support with (to download poster please click here).
Peer Support Activity Group (Every Thursday 10.30 – 11.30am)
A friendly and relaxed space for adults with mental health issues to connect with others, while engaging in a range of activities, such as quizzes, bingo, poetry, gentle exercise, games, art etc (I.T support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
Peer Support Computer Group (Every Friday 12-1pm)
A friendly and relaxed space for adults with mental health issues to connect with others. Informal chats about a range of IT/Internet issues including keeping safe online, accessing the internet via laptops/mobile phones and help with Microsoft applications are covered (IT support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
Young Person’s Peer Support Group (Every Friday 13.00 – 14.00pm)
A friendly and welcoming support group for people aged from 17 to 25, who have mental health issues. This group offers the opportunity for young people to connect with others and share and explore interests, hobbies and experiences (I.T support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
Online Peer Support – Friendship Group (Evey Saturday 10:30-11:30am)
Our Saturday Friendship Group offers peer support for individuals who have mental health issues. The group provides a safe space (via Zoom) to connect with others through conversation, mindful activities and shared interests. For further information please visit our friendship group page.
Children and Young People’s Support (CYP)
Sessions – Please refer to the Wellbeing Workshops leaflet (for details including dates and times).
SilverCloud (CBT Therapy)
SilverCloud Health provides a wide range of online guided self-help programmes for stress, depression and anxiety. Every client is allocated a psychological wellbeing practitioner from our service who will guide them through the programme and help with any questions they have. Programmes consist of around six or seven modules – which can be completed at the individual’s own pace, over approximately eight weeks. For further information please visist our Online guided self-help programmes for stress, depression and anxiety.