North Kent Mind offers digital support/courses via webinars, Zoom video communications and online portals.
Useful support guides:
- Zoom basic setup
- Zoom setup via mobile (Android version)
- Zoom setup via mobile (iOS version)
- How to join a Zoom meeting from your laptop or PC
- Setting up WhatsApp
- Setting up Email account
- Setting up Skype
Coping With Life (CWL)
Sessions on Anxiety/Stress/Depression to guide and support people through various coping strategies (* this course is run on a regular basis).
- CWL Anxiety and Stress
- Week 1: An introduction to Anxiety
- Week 2: Distorted Thinking Habits + Zoom discussion
- Week 3: Understanding Stress & Mindful breathing + Zoom discussion
- Week 4: Reducing stress and Wellness Toolbox + Zoom checkout
- Confidence, Assertiveness and Self-esteem:
- Wednesdays 21st October – 18th November 2pm – 4pm
- Anxiety and Stress (evening group):
- Tuesdays 27th October – 17th November – 6.30pm – 8pm
Preparing for Work (P4Work)
Our new virtual online workshop will improve you skills, knowledge and employability (* this course is run on a regular basis).
- Week 1: CV’s
- Week 2: Cover Letters
- Week 3: Preparing for interview
- Week 4: How to deal with interview anxiety
- Week 5: Making the most of yourself
- Week 6: Zoom meeting Re-cap session
- Preparing for Work :Virtual Online Workshop poster
- Next P4W Group:
- Friday 13th November
- Friday 20th November
- Friday 27th November
- Friday 4th December
- Friday 11th December
- Friday 18th December
Our Mindfulness coursess repeat every five weeks (four session and a one week break inbetween).
Four sessions covering an introduction to Mindfulness. Explaining the meaning of Mindfulness and how to practice mindfulness in your daily life. Includes an introduction to Mindfulness meditation:
- Week 1: Introduction and Breathing meditation
- Week 2: Bringing Mindfulness into daily life activity and Body Scan meditation
- Week 3: Continuing practice and making mindfulness part of life
- Week 4: Zoom meeting Re-cap session
October Course dates: (4 Sessions)
- Tuesday 6th October Session 1 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 13th October Session 2 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 20th October Session 3 – 12:00 – 13:30
- Tuesday 27th October Session 4 – 12:00 – 13:30
Four sessions covering how to keep safe online and additional training resources available (* this course is run on a regular basis):
- Week 1 – Online Fraud
- Week 2 – Online Shopping
- Week 3 – Online Banking
- Week 4 – Accessing Learn My Way
Time for Change
The group enables people to look at past and present experiences, and how they can learn from these to make changes in their life and way of being. It has been found to be particularly useful to people who have a diagnosis of personality disorder.
The next group will be running digitally from October . For further information please visit: https://northkentmind.co.uk/time-for-change-group/
Zoom Peer Support Groups – Wellbeing Services
Young Person’s Peer Support Group (Every Friday 13.00 – 14.00)
A friendly and welcoming support group for people aged from 17 to 25, who have mental health issues. This group offers the opportunity for young people to connect with others and share and explore interests, hobbies and experiences (I.T support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
Coffee Mornings (Every Tuesday 10.30 – 11.30)
A friendly and relaxed space for adults with mental health issues to connect with others. Make yourself a cuppa and join us for informal chats about a range of interesting topics (I.T support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
Peer Support Activity Group ( Every Thursday 10.30 – 11.30)
A friendly and relaxed space for adults with mental health issues to connect with others, while engaging in a range of activities, such as quizzes, bingo, poetry, gentle exercise, games, art etc (I.T support for Zoom is available). Download poster.
Children and Young People’s Support (CYP)
Sessions – Please refer to the Wellbeing Workshops leaflet (for details including dates and times).
Online Peer Support – Friendship Group
Our Saturday Friendship Group offers peer support for individuals who have mental health issues. The group provides a safe space (via Zoom) to connect with others through conversation, mindful activities and shared interests. For further information please visit our friendship group page.