North Kent Mind (NKM) is suspending face-to-face work with clients across our services. There will be no face-to-face work from Monday 23rd March. We will continue to support clients through services operated online and by telephone. Information on this page will be updated regularly.
If you are worried about Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) and how it might affect you, Mind have put together a webpage on Coronavirus and your Wellbeing and the BBC have created a simple guide on staying safe.
Please read a statement from our CEO Justin Bateman.
Employment and Wellbeing services
Information on how to access Employment Services
Information on how to access Wellbeing Services
If you have a health condition that makes you especially vulnerable to coronavirus, the government is advising you to stay at home and take special steps to protect yourself. Find out more at:
Organisations for help and support
If you are self-isolating, you could contact one of these organisations for help and support:
- Age UK 0800 678 1602
- Asthma UK 0300 222 5800
- BHF 0300 330 3311
- Diabetes UK 0345 123 2399
- Scope 0808 800 3333
- The Silver Line 0800 470 8090
LiveWell Kent Services Update
|North Kent Mind |
Wellbeing & Employment Services
|All group activities are currently cancelled. Working remotely contacting current clients. Still taking new referrals|| For Employment or Wellbeing Services, please email|
For Therapy related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|North Kent Mind Springboard Service||No Preparing for Work (PFW) courses are running at present. Still taking new referrals.|| Please email|
| North Kent Mind Housing|
|Housing Tenants to remain in phone contact with key workers, in situations where this is not happening please|| Please email email@example.com |
We will ensure your key worker contacts you
|Rethink Sahayak Asian Helpline||Open for telephone support||Tel: 0808 800 2073|
|Rethink Sahayak one to one and Peer support||Face-to-face meetings are cancelled. Working remotely contacting current clients and still taking new referrals||Tel: 01474 364837|
|Megan CIC|| |
MEGAN CIC Peer Support Groups and ace-to-face support cancelled with immediate effect
|Tel: 01634 402077|
|Invicta Healthcare||Business as usual||Tel: 0800 242 5199 |
Tel: 01227 470057
|Porchlight Community Services||Groups closed phone support and WhatsApp video calls available. Still taking new referrals||Tel: 0800 567 7699|
Local Cancelled/Amended Services
|One.You.Kent||Adult Weight Management Programmes W/C 23/03/2020 All group meetings for the Why Weight have been cancelled. The 2 weeks remaining of the 12 week intervention will consist of contacting individuals and offering telephone based remote support.|
1:1 lifestyle delivery. We are suspending this activity and moving to a completely remote delivery approach until further notice. We are investigating opportunities for a digital solution to allow remote face-to-face interaction with the support of a digital aid.
Health Walks-Suspended from W/C 23/03/2020 until further notice. Subsidised Group Exercise Classes-W/C 23/03/2020 Suspended from until further notice.
Family Weight Management groups-Cancelled by schools until further notice All Workshops and Community and Engagement Events scheduled for March & April cancelled. Health Walk Leader Training Session March cancelled.
Supporting sight impaired people to live independent lives
|• KAB staff are set up to work securely from home so can be contacted via normal email addresses. |
• KAB phone lines are diverted so we can continue to answer enquiries from Clients and professionals as usual.
• We are making phone calls to our current Clients to monitor their wellbeing, provide support and identify needs and risks.
• We are providing information over the phone about a range of topics including eye conditions and technology.
• We are continuing face to face support in essential circumstances and with necessary precautions.
• We are providing additional support where Clients need help to access food and medicines.
• We are providing updates via our website and social media.
|Tel: 01622 691357|
NHS advice on staying at home to help stop coronavirus spreading:
Help to Care
Do you provide care for somebody living in Kent and Medway?
Help to Care is a free mobile app designed to help you to spot the signs of a problem and find the right information and advice if you’re worried about someone’s health and wellbeing.
Download today on your app store to access:
- Over 40 advice and guidance articles
- Links to services to support you and the people you care for
- Training videos on different conditions
Visit www.designandlearningcentre.com/overview-of-our-work/helptocare/ to find out more or download for free on your app store.
Guide to shopping during the lockdown.
Obtaining Medication During the Lockdown.
Unfortunately, in these times some individuals will always try to profit via scams.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has listed fraud and scams that have been active during Covid-19 pandemic, please visit:
Swanley Council has a how to stay safe page, please visit:
We’ve put together some useful resources to help with stress and anxiety:
- Practical activities (via national Mind)
- Keep Active (via NHS Gym Free Workouts)
- Mindfulness Music Tracks (via North Kent Mind)
- Mindshift during COVID-19 (via North Kent Mind)
- How to manage your anxiety (via Anxiety UK)
- OCD and Coronavirus Survival Tips (via OCD UK)
COVID-19 Support for young people
- Please download a support package for young people COVID-19, dealing with anxiety.
- Mind guide to Coronavirus and your wellbeing – for young people.
- YoungMinds tips for coping with OCD during the coronavirus pandemic .
North Kent Mind has put together some useful links to occupy yourself during periods of self-isolation. These include learning new skills, exercise techniques, puzzles etc… Please visit our Activities for Self-Isolation page for more information.
Ria’s guides to Wellbeing during the lockdown.
A collection of inspirational videos from a North Kent Mind service-user, who shares her tips for self-isolation. Thank you so much for allowing us to share.